Starting fresh as an RV owner is an exciting time
You may have just joined the growing ranks of RV owners, or you may be ready to invest in one. Whichever group you belong to, this is a very important time to be realistic about your RV. The fun and adventure are guaranteed, but so are some common problems. Take our advice and note these tips to get road life off to a good start.
1. How to see all the costs involved
First, let’s examine the transparent costs of owning an RV. According to the RV Industry Association, the prices for new RV types are typically:
- $6,000-$22,000 for folding camping trailers
- $6,000-$55,000 for truck campers
- $8,000-$95,000 for conventional travel trailers
- $18,000-$160,000 for fifth wheel trailers
- $60,000-$150,000 for Type B and Type C motorhomes
- $60,000-$500,000 for Type A motorhomes.