No boredom allowed on the road
Taking a family RV trip is one of the best ways to reconnect with your kids. It gives you quality time to talk, and all those outdoor adventures might tempt them to put away their electronic devices for once. Of course, bringing your kids along means you have to come up with ways to entertain them on the road, at night or on rainy days when you can’t go outside.
We’ve put together a list of eight ways to keep kids entertained on an RV trip.
1. Card games. An RV trip is a chance to go old school when it comes to entertainment. There are plenty of card games geared specifically for children, whether you use a standard deck or specialized cards. A few of the most popular include UNO, Crazy Eights, Old Maid, and Go Fish.
2. Board games. Another old-school option that never goes out of style. Now’s the time to introduce your kids to the games you loved as a child, including Monopoly, Sorry, Scrabble, Candy Land, Checkers, and Chess for older kids who want something more challenging.
3. Books. Reading always helps pass the time. These days you can choose print books or e-books. If your child has a summer reading list, this is a great time to get those assignments done. You can also try non-fiction books that relate to the places you’re visiting. You can check out books from the library if you’re on a tight budget. Many libraries also let you check out e-books for digital readers.
4. Coloring books. Coloring never seems to get old. This is an activity everyone can enjoy. Just look at all the adult coloring books out there. Bring a stack or buy some from the destinations where you stop to make things more interesting. Many coloring books also have other fun activities like crossword puzzles, word finds, connect-the-dots and more.
5. Travel games. Many of your favorite games come in travel sizes that are perfect for RV trips. They won’t take up much space and can offer endless hours of entertainment. You can also find books filled with travel game suggestions.
6. Arts & Crafts. Kids love to do art projects. There are plenty of things you can do. Look online for ideas if you’re stuck. There are also plenty of books you can buy or check out from the library.
7. Movie and music players. Okay, we said an RV trip is a chance to go old school, but it is possible to watch movies and listen to music during your trip. Many campgrounds now offer Wi-Fi connection, and you can enhance the connection with a Wi-Fi extending antenna or repeater. You can also set up a wireless hotspot through your cell phone carrier.
8. Pinterest. This online bulletin board offers a treasure trove of ideas for keeping kids entertained when you’re traveling in an RV. You’ll find everything from DIY binoculars (yes you can do that according to this Pinterest page) and games to baking ideas. Just go on there and start searching.
Traveling in an RV with your kids can turn out to be one the most memorable experiences of your life. Just make sure to plan ahead and think about ways to keep your children entertained. These ideas will help.
To find out more RV-ing tips and tricks, please visit our blog. Or if you’d like to find out more information about becoming a member of the RV Advisor community, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 833-229-0911. Have questions and don’t want to wait? Stop by our site for a live chat. We’d love to hear from you!